Assumption Convent, Ponnukara

The Assumption convent, Mother house of the congregation of the sisters of St. Martha  is  situated at Ponnukkara was started by Rev. John Kizhakoodan on August 15, 1948.It was blessed and inaugurated by the Arch Bishop  Mar George  Alappatt and appointed Rev.Fr. John Kizhakoodan was the first director and on August 15, 1952 the 12 sisters of the first batch made their first profession.  Currently, it belongs to our Province. A part of  physical remains of our Founder ,Fr.JohnKizhakoodan rests in the Assumption chapel and also we have the tomb of Most. Rev. Msgr.Antony Maliekal ,our former Director in that convent chapel.The sisters  are  involved in different ministries like, teaching catechism in the parish, preparing the girls to be self-employed by making  candles, tailoring, house visiting and giving necessary medical and physical care for the sick people in their own houses.

Name Assumption Convent 
Address Thrissur Dt. 680 014
Parish St.Joseph Church
Established year 18-08-1948
Patron Assumption Mary
Feast Aug. 15
Mother Superior Sr. Udaya Joseph
Institution Type Formation House, Tailoring, Parish Work, Candle Making
Nearest Bus Stop  
Nearest Church  
Telephone 0487 2352872